Renting a DVD to view a movie may soon turn into a thing of the past as more and more movie buffs discover the many great things about streaming movies online. One of the major DVD-rental businesses lost a lot more than 800,000 subscribers in a three-month period, Fox News reports, and other subscribers are predicted to follow suit. Technology analyst Rob Enderle told reporters, “The near future is clearly streaming now – it’s only a matter of time before all disk-based media becomes obsolete.”
This isn’t strange when you look at these five ways streaming movies will change your lifetime:
1. Save time. Trekking to the video store or rental box, finding parking and then searching the aisles for your chosen titles might not have a phenomenal level of effort, but it requires a lot more than plopping down on your own couch and pressing a button to see the exact same movies online.
2. Save money. The expense of renting a DVD movie may be ridiculously high. True, it’s not the double digits you now pay to see a movie in the theater film in streaming, but additionally it may have late fees that will accumulate quickly. Movie streaming subscriptions will offer unlimited viewing for a single fee or a price per movie that is typically less costly than renting a DVD.
3. Avoid frustration. Watching movies online means the available titles are usually available. You’re no more faced with an empty DVD case looking forward to another user to go back the flick, nor are you currently stuck with damaged or poor-quality DVDs. Streaming technology offers a crisp, clear picture with enhanced digital sound to match.
4. Receive instant gratification. Technology has improved greatly through the years, with quicker downloads and easier use than ever before. Besides, the web movies have yet to include the litany of trailers as well as ads now crammed at the start of numerous DVDs. That alone is worth checking it out.
5. Get a jumpstart on the future. You’ll already have a head begin the new wave of watching movies as opposed to be irate or confused when DVDs become yet more costly and tougher to find.
So how do you do it? Most new TVs and DVD players already have a net connection built-in. If not, you can purchase a DVD player with the capacity or a relatively inexpensive device designed specifically to stream online content to your TV. Just because technology is advanced, it doesn’t mean it is difficult or expensive to obtain or hard to use. Streaming movies may be quick, easy and full of benefits – and the cash you save can select popcorn.